Subject: New Direction for Kerberos for Windows
From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:18:21 -0500
List-Id: Kerberos Developers Mailing List <krbdev.mit.edu>

Since March of 2003, Jeffrey Altman and Secure Endpoints Inc. have been
leading the evolution of MIT's Kerberos for Windows product.
Enhancements such as the customizable installation packaging, MSLSA
credentials cache, automatic ticket acquisition, improved reliability,
and broader third-party application adoption have driven increased
demand for Kerberos for Windows.

I'd like to announce two changes that will improve the Kerberos for
Windows product and your ability to deploy it throughout your organization.

First, we're working with Secure Endpoints to develop an arrangement
where they can focus on what they do best: providing support and
custom development for security software including Kerberos for
Windows.  They will continue to work with us, providing enhancements
and bug fixes back and helping us better understand customer needs.
Secure Endpoints will maintain a release management role as part of
the Kerberos team and will work with MIT to issue official Kerberos
for Windows releases.  As a result of our on-going cooperation
Kerberos for Windows 3.1 will be released in early November
incorporating the extensible Network Identity Manager.  This will be
followed by Kerberos for Windows 3.2 with support for Microsoft Vista
and 64-bit Microsoft Windows applications.  Organizations wishing to
customize Network Identity Manager or KFW installation packages for
their users or whom would like to fund specific KFW development are
encouraged to contact Secure Endpoints.

Secondly, MIT is seeking a senior full-time developer to be the
engineering lead for the Kerberos for Windows product.  KFW has grown to
a level where we believe that it needs a full-time resource to guide its
development and design.  This senior engineer will work with the rest of
the Kerberos team as well as KFW users.  We believe this will allow us
to provide more timely and responsive KFW releases while allowing us to
better take advantage of development made for KFW in the rest of our
products.  We're actively seeking resumes for this position at this time.

We look forward to an exciting year of KFW development.

Sam Hartman
Manager, MIT Kerberos Team
_______________________________________________
kerberos-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos-announce
_______________________________________________
krbdev mailing list             [email-masked]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/krbdev